Eoin has over nineteen years experience in the Construction Industry with a proven track record at meeting deadlines and delivering projects of all sizes; from modest house extensions up to major elements of large development projects.
Eoin grew up in Conna, Co. Cork and attended secondary school in Rockwell College in Cashel, subsequent to which he trained to be an Architect. After qualifying from Architectural Technology in Cork Institute of Technology, Eoin went on to study Architecture at Kent Institute of Art & Design Canterbury, London Metropolitan University and University College Dublin. In parallel to his studies Eoin worked for a number of practices including Barbara Weiss Architects (London) and WL Design (London).
In 2003 Eoin began working for Scott Tallon Walker Architects as a Site Based Architect for two years during the construction of the Lapps Quay Office, Clarion Hotel & Apartment Development in Cork. On completion of his studies in 2007 Eoin moved to Scott Tallon Walker Architects Dublin Office for 3 years to fulfil his role as a Project Architect on the award winning 62,000 sq.m Aviva Stadium in Dublin
From January 2011 Eoin worked as a Project Architect for Acanthus Holden Architects in Pembrokeshire, Wales working on a number of projects ranging from new dwelling houses to conserving and refurbishing listed hotel buildings including the renovation, extension and conservation of the Grade II listed 5 star Twr-y-Felin Hotel (a landmark building on the St Davids peninsula in Pembrokeshire, Wales).
In early 2013 Eoin decided to set up his own practice Eoin O’Keeffe Architects with the aim to create comfortable, healthy, future-proofed buildings to satisfy Client’s requirements, designed to suit each site’s aspect, orientation & location.
In Parallel to setting up a new business, Eoin also successfully completed a MBA, Master of Business Administration, at IBAT College in Dublin, graduating in November 2016.
From February 2016 to August 2017, Eoin also fulfilled the role of Site Project Architect for Scott Tallon Walker Architects on Páirc Uí Chaoimh (the redevelopment of the GAA Stadium in Cork). This was a part time position and was performed in parallel to the ongoing projects of Eoin O’Keeffe Architects.
Scott Tallon Walker Architects, Dublin. Feb 2016 to Aug 2017, Aug 2007 to June 2010 & Oct 2003 to Sep 2005 – Project Architect
- Pairc Ui Chaoimh Redevelopment (GAA Stadium), Cork City.
- The New Aviva Stadium, Lansdowne Road Stadium Redevelopment, Dublin 4.
- St Paul’s Church, Glenageary, Co Dublin (A Protected Structure).
- Lapps Quay Office, Clarion Hotel & Apartment Development, Cork.
- Enterprise Ireland Webworks Offices, Eglinton St., Cork.
Acanthus Holden Architects, Pembroke, Wales. Jan 2011 to June 2013 – Project Architect
- Twr-y-Felin Hotel, St. Davids, Pembrokeshire, Wales. (A Grade II Listed former windmill).
- Skanda Vale Hospice, Saron, Carmarthenshire, Wales.
- No. 34 – 36 High St., St Davids, Pembrokeshire, Wales. (New retail units with townhouses above).
- Netherwood Hotel (former school), Saundersfoot, Pembrokeshire, Wales. (A Grade II Listed Georgian style manorial house)
- Blockett Lane Farm (housing development), Little Haven, Pembrokeshire, Wales.
WL Design, Putney Bridge, London. 2006 to 2007 – Architectural Technician
WL Design is an Architectural, Interior Design and Construction Management Company in London.
Barbara Weiss Architects, Islington, London. 2005 to 2006 – Architectural Technician
Barbara Weiss Architects is an award winning Architectural Firm with clients in the residential, retail and commercial sectors.
- MBA, Master of Business Administration – IBAT College Dublin – 2013 to 2015.
- Certified Passive House Designer – Passive House Institute – 2010.
- Professional Diploma in Architecture (RIAI Part 3) (Part time Diploma course) – University College Dublin – 2009 to 2011.
- Professional Diploma in Architecture (RIBA Part 2) – London Metropolitan University – Department of Architecture & Spatial Design – 2005 to 2007.
- BA (Hons) Architecture (RIBA Part 1) – Kent Institute of Art and Design – Canterbury School of Architecture – 2000 to 2003.
- Architectural Technology (National Diploma in Construction Studies) – Cork Institute of Technology – 1997 to 2000.
- Member of the Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland